How your OBGYN doctors in Ridgewood, and Bayonne, NJ, can help you
Choosing an OBGYN is one of the most important decisions a woman can make to safeguard her reproductive health. Dr. Eric Bentolila and Dr. Jacqueline Saitta in Ridgewood, and Bayonne, NJ, provide a wide range of OBGYN services to help you.
When you are choosing an OBGYN, there are some questions you need to ask including:
- Are you close to my home or work?
- Do you have convenient hours?
- How can I contact you if I need care after hours or on weekends?
- Do you take my insurance?
- What type of services do you provide?
If you are sexually active and still menstruating, you need to ask:
- What kinds of birth control do you provide
- What can you do to help with irregular or heavy periods?
- What happens if I acquire a sexually transmitted disease?
If you are pregnant or wanting to get pregnant, you need to ask:
- What kind of fertility treatments are there?
- What kind of prenatal care do you provide?
- How can you help after my baby is born?
If you are premenopausal or going through menopause you need to ask:
- How can you help regulate my hormones?
- How can you help reduce hot flashes, night sweats, weight gain, and other unpleasant symptoms?
- How can you help prevent osteoporosis?
You also need to find out what kind of services your OBGYN provides. Typical services provided by an OBGYN include:
- Annual reproductive system examinations
- Yearly pap smears and breast exams
- Orders for a mammogram, ultrasound, and other imaging studies
- Fertility treatments and counseling
- Pregnancy and prenatal care
- Referrals for specialty services
- Treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- Menopause counseling and treatment
- Referral for surgical procedures
- Treatment of acute and chronic diseases affecting the reproductive system
To find out more about how your OBGYN doctor can help you, call Dr. Eric Bentolila and Dr. Jacqueline Saitta. You can reach them in Ridgewood, NJ, by calling (201) 447-1700 or in Bayonne, NJ, by calling (201) 447-0467. Call now.